This week on my ‘PAYING FOR GOOD’ podcast, we’re turning our attention to increasing diversity in companies. My special guests are Ann Cairns, executive vice-chair at Mastercard and global chair of the 30% Club, and Marte Borhaug, global head of sustainable outcomes at Aviva Investors and co-chair of the 30% Club investor group.
The 30% Club aims are:
· to have over 30% female representation on the boards and in the C-suites of FTSE 350 firms, although 50% would be ideal
· for there to be at least one person of colour on each of those boards and in C-suites
· and for at least 50% of those people of colour to be female.
To get there, one of the actions is to link diversity targets to incentives. How are you increasing diversity in your organisation?
Your action takeaways:
In addition to linking diversity targets to variable pay, you may also wish to consider some or all of these activities:
· requesting candidates from more diverse backgrounds on recruitment shortlists
· ensuring the language in your job vacancies/descriptions is unbiased
· setting up a women returner programme
· rolling out targeted development programmes
· increasing the number of women in your succession plans
· teaching new technology after a period away from work
TO GET EACH EPISODE OF THIS PODCAST STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE HERE: https://www.peoplenet.ltd.uk/newsletter/
To find out more about how we could work together on designing and implementing a Responsible Reward strategy, the integration of remuneration and sustainability, in your organisation too, please email me at [email protected]
Please email [email protected] for a transcript of this episode.